A successful web design ensures that the visitor easily finds the knowledge he came looking for. The design needs to be in a way that the information is emotionally appealing, structurally functioning and visually pleasing. Apart from being able to satisfy the visitor, your website design should also be equally appealing to search engines so that they rank the web site on top of search results. It is very difficult to satisfy both humans in addition to search engines as those two have different requirements. The key lies in being able to integrate the demands of both in a website design that is certainly approved by humans and also search engines.
Website designs are of three types, namely static, dynamic or CMS and e-commerce websites. Deciding on the type of website design depends upon the type of business and requirement of the business owners. Each one of these website designs could be built on different platforms. Read on to find out more about each type of web site design and the platforms used.
1. Static website design-
If you just need a few pages on your own website and do not want the knowledge to change, a static design is the best bet. The information with a static site remains to be the same and has no changes happening in lifetime of time. Static websites are made in HTML and CSS. They may be very easy to develop and therefore are easily indexed by search engines like google. However they are weak when it comes to completing complex tasks. Another major setback is static websites have to be manually updated which is a time-consuming and monotonous task.
2. Dynamic of CMS web design-
An energetic website design can deliver dynamic information. This implies depending on changes happening, the website information would be automatically updated according to a few criteria. An engaged web design usually is built on cms platforms like WordPress, Joomla etc. The only disadvantage is that this type of website is difficult to build as well as is not easily classified by search engines. The different CMS platforms lets start work on these dynamic websites are designed are
· Drupal- Built and utilized by a lot of very active people all over the world Drupal is an open source cms platform. It is a free system that can be used to build any type of website.
· Joomla- This is a very popular content management system used largely by individuals, small businesses and huge organizations. It is very very easy to create a website using Joomla like a platform.
· WordPress- The most easiest and convenient platform, WordPress can be free to use. You get to find a lot of plugins that will ensure you have the website you've always dreamed of. WordPress is very user friendly and also you can edit facts about the website without being HTML gurus.
3. E-commerce website-
In case you run an online business along with the website involves sales you may want to consider an e-commerce website. A fantastic platform remains non messy so it helps you take care of every one of the technical aspects of the website. There is a multitude of e-commerce platforms to pick from. A few are discussed below.
· Magneto- A high level newbie with intentions of making a jumpstart into online selling magneto is a superb consideration. Being free, magneto is free and so has several extensions. Magneto is also SEO ready with means that you have very little work to do.
· OsCommerce- A very popular platform, that is easy to set up and help. The popularity makes this a very common platform the downside. However in order to make your website using osCommerce unique, you receive a number of add-ons that can easily have the desired effect.
· OpenCart- This is a free platform together with the advantage of being able to sell unlimited products in just a number of categories.
· Volusion- Even though it has a small startup prize, volusion includes a good collection of designs. The downside is that it is a hosted service and may go down anytime.
There are several more e-commerce platforms like shopify, virtuemart, zeuscart, zencart etc. Choosing any one these wonderful platforms ensures your site performs as required.