A successful web site design ensures that the visitor easily finds the data he came seeking. The design needs to be such that the information is emotionally appealing, structurally functioning and visually pleasing. Besides being able to satisfy the visitor, the site design should also be equally attracting search engines so that they rank the website on top of search results. It is extremely difficult to satisfy both humans as well as search engines as these two have different requirements. The key lies in being able to integrate the demands of both in a website design that is certainly approved by humans along with search engines.
Website designs are of three types, namely static, dynamic or CMS and e-commerce websites. Picking out the type of website design depends upon the type of business and dependence on the business owners. Each of these website designs might be built on different platforms. Continue reading to find out more about each type of web site design and the platforms used.
1. Static website design-
Whenever you just need a few pages on your own website and do not want the data to change, a static design is the better bet. The information on a static site remains the same and has no changes happening in course of time. Static websites are created in HTML and CSS. These are very easy to develop and are easily indexed by engines like google. However they are weak in terms of completing complex tasks. Another major setback is static websites should be manually updated and that is a time-consuming and monotonous task.
2. Dynamic of CMS web design-
A dynamic website design can deliver dynamic information. Therefore depending on changes happening, your website information would be automatically updated according to a few criteria. A lively web design usually is built on content management platforms like WordPress, Joomla etc. The only disadvantage is that this kind of website is difficult to build and also is not easily indexed by search engines. The different CMS platforms lets start on these dynamic websites are created are
· Drupal- Built and employed by a lot of very active people around the globe Drupal is an open source cms platform. It is a free system which you can use to build any type of website.
· Joomla- It is a very popular content management system used largely by individuals, small businesses and enormous organizations. It is very easy to create a website using Joomla as a platform.
· WordPress- The most easiest and convenient platform, WordPress can also be free to use. You get to look for a lot of plugins that can ensure you have the website you've always dreamed of. WordPress is very user friendly and also you can edit facts about the website without being HTML gurus.
3. E-commerce website-
If you run an online business and also the website involves sales you might want to consider an e-commerce website. A good platform remains non messy and helps you take care of all the technical aspects of the web site. There is a multitude of e-commerce platforms to choose from. A few are discussed below.
· Magneto- An advanced newbie with intentions of earning a jumpstart into online selling magneto is a great consideration. Being free, magneto is open source and so has several extensions. Magneto is also SEO ready with helps to ensure that you have very little try to do.
· OsCommerce- A very popular platform, this really is easy to set up and work with. The popularity makes this a very common platform which is a downside. However in to make your website using osCommerce unique, you recruit a number of add-ons that can easily do the trick.
· OpenCart- This is a free platform with all the advantage of being able to sell unlimited products in just a number of categories.
· Volusion- Though it has a small startup prize, volusion includes a good collection of designs. However that it is a hosted service and will go down anytime.
There are numerous more e-commerce platforms like shopify, virtuemart, zeuscart, zencart etc. Choosing any one these wonderful platforms ensures your web site performs as required.