A successful web design ensures that the visitor easily finds the info he came seeking. The design needs to be so that the information is emotionally appealing, structurally functioning and visually pleasing. Aside from being able to satisfy the visitor, the web site design should also be equally attractive to search engines so that they rank the site on top of search results. It is rather difficult to satisfy both humans in addition to search engines as these two have different requirements. The secret lies in being able to integrate the requirements of both in a website design that is approved by humans as well as search engines.
Website designs have three types, namely static, dynamic or CMS and e-commerce websites. Selecting the type of website design depends upon the type of business and requirement of the business owners. All these website designs may be built on different platforms. Continue reading to find out more about each type of web design and the platforms used.
1. Static website design-
When you just need a few pages on the website and do not want the data to change, a static design is the best bet. The information over a static site continues to be the same and has no changes happening in length of time. Static websites are created in HTML and CSS. They're very easy to develop and therefore are easily indexed by search engines. However they are weak with regards to completing complex tasks. Another major setback is that static websites should be manually updated which is a time-consuming and monotonous task.
2. Dynamic of CMS web design-
An energetic website design can deliver dynamic information. This means depending on changes happening, the website information would be automatically updated according to a few criteria. An engaged web design usually is built on cms platforms like WordPress, Joomla etc. The one disadvantage is that this form of website is difficult to build plus is not easily listed in search engines. The different CMS platforms on with these dynamic websites are built are
· Drupal- Built and utilized by a lot of very active people all over the world Drupal is an open source content management platform. It is a free system that can be used to build any type of website.
· Joomla- This is a very popular content management system used largely by individuals, small businesses and huge organizations. It is very easy to create a website using Joomla being a platform.
· WordPress- The most easiest and convenient platform, WordPress is additionally free to use. You get to find a lot of plugins which will ensure you have the website you've always dreamed of. WordPress is very simple to use and also you can edit information about the website without being HTML gurus.
3. E-commerce website-
In case you run an online business along with the website involves sales you might want to consider an e-commerce website. A fantastic platform remains non messy helping you take care of every one of the technical aspects of the site. There is a multitude of e-commerce platforms to select from. A few are discussed below.
· Magneto- An advanced newbie with intentions of developing a jumpstart into online selling magneto is a superb consideration. Being free, magneto is free and so has several extensions. Magneto can be SEO ready with makes sure that you have very little try to do.
· OsCommerce- A very popular platform, this is easy to set up and use. The popularity makes this a very common platform that is a downside. However in to make your website using osCommerce unique, you get a number of add-ons that can easily do the trick.
· OpenCart- This is a free platform using the advantage of being able to sell unlimited products in just a number of categories.
· Volusion- Though it has a small startup prize, volusion has a good collection of designs. The downside is that it is a hosted service which enable it to go down anytime.
There are many more e-commerce platforms like shopify, virtuemart, zeuscart, zencart etc. Choosing any kind of these wonderful platforms ensures your site performs as required.